Learning Objectives of CP-BAT"Knowledge with experience is power; certification is just a by-product"
What is CP-BAT?
CP-BAT stands for "Certified Professional – Basic Agile Testing" certification prepared and honored by "Agile Testing Alliance" & "University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)".
CP-BAT is the first step in agile testing roadmap. Certified CP-BAT professionals are eligible for next level of certification called CP-MAT.
Knowledge, experience & certification is consciously designed to focus on "agile testing" for all roles in Agile.
How is it useful?
CP-BAT is a one of its kind initiative to marry 2 distinct worlds of agile and testing together. Learn agile fundamentals along with testing fundamentals and deep dive into agile testing concepts and mindset with CP-BAT. Showcase your knowledge of agile testing through CP-BAT. Prepare yourself to further your journey into agile testing through this foundational agile testing certification course. CP-BAT also would help someone become agile not only in Agile Projects but how to take agility in testing projects for non-agile development models.
Am I Eligible?
There are no pre-requisite for this certification. Minimum qualification required is graduation in any stream.
CP-BAT is a 3 day program which can be split over 5 half days as well.
CP-BAT is an open exam. If you are already aware about agile testing you can directly take the CP-BAT exam without undergoing a formal training from ATA.
Learning Objectives of CP-BAT
- Defined and empirical process
- Iterative and incremental process and where these can be applied.
- Learn who, when and why agile manifesto was drafted?
- Understand what agile is and what is not.
- LEAN, KANBAN, XP and SCRUM
- Introduction to SCRUM framework
- Understand what is a story
- Understand what is backlog (product and sprint)
- Understand what is Scrum Meeting / Daily Standup.
- Understand the importance of Retrospectives
- Immerse into Agile Mindset
- Experience Agility
- What is Agile Testing
- Discussion on how to solve the issues presented by Agile models using scrum framework practically
- Understand Agile requirement in user stories format
- Exercise on User Story Reviews
- Learn how to practically apply Equivalence partition and Boundary Value technique for multiple variables
- Exercise on practical usage of EP and BV technique
- Identify the need of test automation and its relevance in an agile project. Learn various strategies of test automation in agile.
- Introduction to test-driven development (TDD), acceptance test driven development (ATDD) and behavior driven development (BDD). Understand differences between them and learn to identify each technique in play.
1. Agile Fundamentals
1.1. Process Categories
Understand different types of projects, how to identify them and what sort of response / management strategy should be used in each of those projects using Stacey Matrix.
Learn differences between
1.2. Agile history, manifesto & principles
1.3. Learn different Agile models
2. Testing Fundamentals
2.1. Testing fundamentals
Understand & appreciate the need of testing, definition of quality and learn what Risk Based Testing (RBT) is.
2.2. Testing process
Learn where testing fits in SDLC and recognize testing life cycle. Learn to recognize different testing activities and phases within SDLC.
2.3. Test types and levels
Explore different software quality attributes and learn different test types and levels required for effective testing. Identify differences between test plan and test strategies and learn how to write those for a typical agile project.
3. Practical Test Design Techniques
3.1. Understand Shift Left Concept and its application in Agile projects
4. Basic Agile Testing
4.1. Test planning and Test Reporting
Start using the Agile project planning and reporting tools such as Task Boards, Burn-down charts of Running Tested Features, Automation Coverage and Defect Density to capture test progress.
4.2. Test execution
Learn what exploratory testing is. Learn and experience what it takes to convert your test plans and strategies to actual execution. Learn creative strategy of overcoming test execution challenges.
4.3. Test First
5. Practical Agile Testing
Practice all agile and testing fundamentals throughout the course on a case study of a dummy project. Experience practical agile testing by creating test plan, test cases and test results through an agile project setup.